Dec. 29, 2011
I am a physiotherapist. I trained and worked as a personal trainer and nutrition advisor after doing diploma in Health & Nutrition.
Prevention is always better than cure, hair-fall is a warning sign from body, urging to do something before you lose the crowning glory!
Healthy hair is the symbol of healthy lifestyle. Excessive stress, smoking, not exercising and not eating nutritiously are not healthy for your hair. Get enough sleep. Here are few tips which can keep your hair swaying beautifully.
HAIR CARE TIPS:
Shampoo your hairs atleast twice a week and atleast thrice a week in summers, so that your hair looks free from dirt and clean. The best remedy is to use a good cleaning shampoo 3 times a week, followed by conditioner. Use of conditioner is very important as it makes the hair manageable and easy for combing. While washing your hair, only lukewarm water should be used and never hot as it can make your hair brittle and dry.
Apart from this the thing that should be kept in mind is for both women and men who braid their hair, braiding will cause too tight or too long can cause hair loss and baldness. One of the reasons behind this is Traction alopecia, a slow hair loss caused by pulling hair too tight by applying too much tension.
- Heena is a herbal treatment with good conditioning abilities.
- Egg white is a good conditioner for hair.
- Deep condition with curd, beer and egg.
- Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
It is necessary to understand the Difference between Dandruff and a Dry Scalp. Dandruff is a fungal infection, whereas a dry scalp is the result of the scalp not being moisturized adequately. Dandruff also causes reddish, itchy scalp, and flakes of dead skin that are oily/greasy and larger in size, and have an odor.
- Massage the Scalp with pure coconut oil. This will also help growth of hair.
- Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
- Apply the warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Do a steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes and wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
- Mix Shikakai powder with the water drained from the cooked rice and then wash the hair with it.
- Crush the leaves of five petal hibiscus flower and take the juice. Wash the hair with this juice.
- Heat oil with a little camphor. Apply the oil in the scalp and massage for 10 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the hair with a herbal shampoo. Do the steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes.
For Healthy and Shiny hair
- It is better to apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
- Wash hair with tea once in a week.
- Apply besan in the hair and wash it with water drained from the cooked rice.
- Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoons of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Wash it after some time.
- Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
- Do a 'steam-towel-wrap' once in a while, if your cuticles are damaged, as this steaming opens out the pores and absorbs the oil.
- Soak 1 teaspoon fenugreek in curd and keep it for a night. Apply it in the next morning.
- Boil coconut oil with the juices of curry leaves, basil, hibiscus flower and gooseberry. Apply on hair, keep it for some time and rinse.
- Take a cup each coconut and mustard oil. Soak half a cup of curry leaves in the oil mixture and keep it for a night. Next morning, heat on a slow fire till the curry leaves turn crisp. Remove from heat and add two to three camphor balls. Allow oil to cool and then strain. Apply oil to hair roots using cotton wool along the parting and massage in circular movements. Leave the oil overnight and shampoo the next morning. Repeat twice a week.
- Add a lemon peel to a 'shikakai' and 'amla' mixture while washing your hair.